On August 14, 1944, a young Cecil E. Byrd, DVM arrived at a mule barn here in Fayetteville, TN. He planned on talking to Ross Whitaker, DVM., a 44 year old lincoln County native that was a graduate of Kansas City School of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Whitaker was Fayetteville's only veterinarian at that time and Dr. Byrd wanted to discuss practicing here. That discussion never came to pass. Dr. Whitacker had died of a heart attack 2 weeks ealier. So that very same day, the first home of Fayetteville Animal Clinic was established on the "old Fire Hall hill" in front of the mule barn. The current day location is across from the restaurant Cahoots!
In January 1951, Dr Tom H. Bullington joined Dr. Byrd at that mule barn until October of that year. A new clinic was constructed for pet and farm animals on US 64 West( Pulaski Hwy). This "state of the art facility" served as our clinic home for thiry three years where we grew into needing an even larger facility!
On December 8, 1984, Fayetteville Animal Clinic moved to our new home here at 1920 Wilson Pkwy. It took two years from inception to operation ready and it took lots of people believing and working hard to help make it possible. The physical plant consists of 16,000 square feet under roof on 2.5 acreas. Complete health facilities for pets and farm animals, combined with our great staff, makes us one of the most comprehensive veterinary medical services available anywhere!